Machu Picchu Ticket Availability Online
Check out the calendar for the availability of Machu Picchu tickets each day.
How do I check the availability of Machu Picchu tickets Online?
- Choose the type of ticket and the schedule (group) of your preference.
- Choose the month and pick the day you want to make your visit.
- Check the available spaces. For example the term ‘200’ means that there are 200 entries available. The ‘0’ (zero) means that spaces are no longer available.
- If you wish to book a Machu Picchu ticket, just click on the day of your choice.
Tickets for the Machu Picchu citadel only
This ticket allows you to visit the archaeological center of Machu Picchu. Tourists can stay up to 3 hours from the moment of their entry. Each entry times allows you to enter during that hour. For example, if your ticket is for 6am, you can enter anytime before 7am. This does not apply to the extra hikes, see below.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 6:00 in the morning.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 7:00 in the morning.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 8:00 in the morning.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 9:00 in the morning.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 10:00 in the morning.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 11:00 in the morning.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 12:00 noon.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 1:00 in the afternoon.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 2:00 in the afternoon.
This ticket is the basic one to see Machu Picchu, its beautiful landscape, its flora, fauna and its more than 150 archaeological remains. It is the most common entrance to visit this 7th New Wonder of the World.
Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain
In addition to visiting the Machu Picchu Citadel, you can buy an extra ticket to ascend the Machu Picchu Mountain. Tourists can stay up to 8 hours after the time of your admission to the Machu Picchu Citadel.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 6 am
- Entrance to the Mountain between 7 am to 8 am
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 7 am
- Entrance to the Mountain between 7 am to 8 am
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 8 am
- Entrance to the Mountain between 9 am to 10 am
This entrance is the perfect alternative if Huayna Picchu is sold out. It allows you to visit the landscapes and archaeological remains of Machu Picchu and, in addition, ascend to the top of the Machu Picchu mountain. From the summit, you have an incredible view down onto the Machu Picchu citadel with the scenic Huayna Picchu behind it. This is where most postcard photos are taken from!
Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum
With this ticket you can visit the city of Machu Picchu in one of its two shifts and the Manuel Chávez Ballón Museum. The schedules are the same as the ticket Machu Picchu Only.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 6 in the morning.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 7 in the morning.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 8 in the morning
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 9 a.m.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 10 a.m.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 11 am
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 12 noon
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 1 pm
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 2 pm
The Machu Picchu Site Museum is open from 9 am to 4:30 pm
Do you want to learn more about Machu Picchu? This ticket is the best option for those who want to learn about the archeological finds at this UNESCO World Heritage site. It includes a visit to Machu Picchu with its archaeological remains as well as the Machu Picchu Museum, an area where some Inca artifacts found during the excavations are exhibited.
Machu Picchu ticket availability
- Since July 2017, tickets for Machu Picchu have been limited to 5,940 visitors per day.
- This measure seeks to improve the preservation of the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
- From 2019, the entrance to Machu Picchu is in 3 time slots, or groups. Group 1 can enter the citadel at 6 a.m., 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. Group 2, can enter 9 a.m., 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Group 3, is 12 p.m., 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.
Tips to find availability and get your tickets to Machu Picchu!
- Do not assume that tickets will be available! A large number of tickets can be sold out in a few minutes. Make your reservation early!
- Keep in mind that at the same time that you see online availability, many agencies and people in different parts of the world are reserving those spaces.
- Some agencies buy Machu Picchu tickets for large groups; so it would not be strange that in the course of 10 minutes over 40 spaces are taken.
- The Huayna Picchu ticket must be booked at least 2 months in advance. In the rainy season, tickets might be available just a couple weeks before, but from May through August, they could sell out well over 2 months in advance. It is the ticket that most quickly sells out!
- Although it is rare, there are cases in which a reservation is canceled due to lack of payment within the alloted time. In those cases, the ticket will be available again.
About availability – Why is there limited availability to Machu Picchu?
- As a measure of protection and conservation, only a limited number of visitors per day can access Machu Picchu and its two mountains.
- The entrance time to the Inca city depends on the kind of ticket that is bought. The schedules of the shifts and groups must be taken into account, according to the type of ticket.
- The trail that leads to the top of Huayna Picchu is very narrow. That is one reason why, for security reasons, the entry is restricted to only 400 visitors per day.
- The Machu Picchu Mountain trail is wider but steeper and longer than the Huayna Picchu. Only 800 people per day are allowed to enter.
How quickly do Machu Picchu tickets usually sell out?
In general, during the tourist low season (from November to March):
- Ticket Machu Picchu only: 3 days before
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu: 2 months before
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain: 3 days before
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum: 3 days before
During the high season of tourism (from April to October):
- Ticket Machu Picchu Only: 1 week before
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu: 3 months before
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain: 1 week before
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum: 1 week before
Why book now?
- If you want to visit Machu Picchu, do not waste time! Book it now and secure your entry to the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu.
- The demand for tickets to Machu Picchu goes up every year. This allows the government to raise the prices of the entrance tickets also.
- Every year, it is more difficult to enter Machu Picchu. Do not miss the opportunity to visit the magical city of Machu Picchu or the amazing mountain Huayna Picchu!
- Reserve your entrance for Machu Picchu 2021 starting in December 2020.
If you found tickets available, book immediately! In the case of the Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu ticket, it’s recommended to book up to 6 months in advance.
Are there discounts on the price of the Machu Picchu ticket?
- Discount for minors
Children under 8 years old get in free. However, you must still reserve their ticket. Children of any age are not allowed to enter without a ticket! Children from 8 to 17 years old get a discount. To do this they must send a copy of their passport.
- Discount for students
Students who have a university card can access a discount on the price of tickets Machu Picchu. According to government regulations, University ID cards must show the full name and photo of the student, along with an expiration date for that single academic year. To do this they must send the digital copy of the current university card.
- Discount for CAN members
People belonging to the Andean Community of Nations (CAN): Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia have a discount on the price of the Machu Picchu ticket.
Frequently Asked Questions about entering Machu Picchu
Does Machu Picchu close at any point during the year?
Machu Picchu remains open 365 days a year. Admission is Monday through Sunday, including holidays.
Is the availability shown here official?
Yes, the availability of the Ticket Machu Picchu shown here is official and automatically updated in real time. The numbers are official statistics of the Ministry of Culture of Peru.
Can I buy the Machu Picchu ticket in Cusco?
When buying tickets in the city of Cusco, a few days before the visit to Machu Picchu, there is a risk that it will be sold out. In the case of the ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu, it is impossible to get tickets only a few days in advance. The reservation must for Huayna Picchu be made online and at least 2 months in advance.
If I find availability, how do I book my ticket Machu Picchu?
If you find availability, proceed with the reservation in 3 simple steps:
1. Fill in your personal information in the booking form.
2. Send your documentation through an email and make the respective payment of the value of the Ticket Machu Picchu.
3. Check for the Ticket Machu Picchu in your email. Print it and go!
How far in advance should I book my Machu Picchu ticket?
Today, booking online ensures you a ticket to the Machu Picchu citadel. However, this reservation must be made in advance. It is recommended to book tickets at least 1 week in advance. For the Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu ticket, 3 months before.
Can I get availability if I book the Ticket Machu Picchu at the last minute?
Sometimes, it is possible to buy the Ticket Machu Picchu at the last minute. The minimum time to make the reservation online is 3 days with the exception of the ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu (2 months before).
Does the availability of tickets include children?
Yes! Children under 8 do need to look for availability, even though they do not pay entrance. They must have the identity document that proves their age.
Huayna Picchu is sold out! What I do?
Unfortunately, Huayna Picchu ticket sells out the fastest. Nothing can be done if there is no longer availability. It is recommended to book the ticket at least 3 months in advance.
If the Machu Picchu ticket is sold out on my preferred date, can I book from one year to another?
The reservation of tickets for the following year is enabled only in December. However, it is possible to reserve the Machu Picchu tickets some time before. In those cases, the tickets will be sent to your email in December. This is due to the logistics established by the Ministry of Culture of Peru.
What is high season or low season for tourism and how does it affect the availability of the ticket Machu Picchu?
High season is when we have the most tourists in Cusco and Machu Picchu. It runs from April to October. During those days, it is more difficult to get tickets for Machu Picchu. That is why reservations must be made 1 month in advance (4 months for the Huayna Picchu Ticket). The low season runs from November to March. In those months it is less difficult to find availability. The reservation must be made 1 week in advance (2 months for the Huayna Picchu Ticket).
Is it difficult to get availability of the Inca Trail?
The Inca Trail is the 4 day and 3 night trekking route to the Inca City of Machu Picchu. Only 500 tickets are available per day. It is recommended to make the reservation 6 months in advance. Tickets go on sale every October for the following year. If you plan to trek from April to August, you should pick your dates in September so that you can buy tickets the day that they go on sale. The most popular dates sell out the day that they go on sale!
Is it difficult to get availability on train tickets to Machu Picchu?
The train tickets that transport visitors to the town of Aguas Calientes (at the foot of Machu Picchu) also have limited availability. It is recommended to book them immediately after getting the tickets to Machu Picchu.