Since Cusco is such a big tourist attraction and most of these tourists are young adults, you can guess that the nightlife in this city is wild.
Cusco can have the craziest parties, try hostels like Wild Rover or Loki´s Cusco. As soon as you walk in you will be greeted by people dancing on top of the bar, screaming, and drinking shots among other wild and crazy things. However, the party for most backpackers ends at around 2:00 am. So, if are you not done partying, why not head over to one of the most famous nightclubs in Cusco, Chango. This club gets really hot and I mean really hot! Because it´s underground and it´s always packed to the brim. The party doesn´t stop until the Sun comes up.
On the other hand, Cusco also has a good selection of hostels for those not in the party scene. Keep in mind hostels are the best places to meet fellow backpackers, share travel stories and plan your next move. Some of the best hostels around include Pariwana, Kokopelli Hostel Cusco or Hospedaje Turismo Recoleta, and many more.
Top Clubs and Bars
La Chupiteria offers an awesome selection of cheap and unique shots, generous staff with positive attitudes and you are guaranteed to have fun! They are open every day from 6 PM to 3 AM.
Regrettably, Mushrooms is the only electronic club in Cusco. The electronic scene in Cusco is not big at all. For this reason, weekdays are pretty mellow and chilled, with a scattering of patrons. However, on select weekends they do bring in international DJs to perform and the club comes alive and the atmosphere is electrifying.
If you want to be part of the craziest parties in Cusco we recommend going to this place. Because this hostel receives travelers daily, there is always some party happening. Similar to other clubs and bars, Thursday to Saturday is the best and busiest day. Unfortunately, hostel bars usually close at around 2 AM. As a result, most people move on to the aforementioned night clubs like Chango or Mushrooms.
This bar has an eclectic mix of locals and travelers. Firstly, enjoy the free salsa, merengue, or bachata lessons on a Monday. Secondly, they have a variety of live bands or DJs on offer on selected days. Most importantly, people always have a whale of a time.
Rock House Cafe
Don’t pass this up! Rock House Cafe may appear to be a coffee shop only open in the evening, but it also has a cult following of locals who come to enjoy the live rock music. Much of the music is 80s American rock n’ roll, although the tribute bands also perform some more recent music. Rock House Cafe is open weekdays and weekends and is a terrific location to unwind and listen to music late at night.
Mama Africa Disco
Mama Africa, located on the second floor of the main square, is the first and most popular. It is a terrific venue to enjoy music and dancing, attracting a somewhat young crowd of both locals and visitors.The club, which has a wide dance floor and a beautiful bar, serves your favorite drinks at reasonable pricing. There is a vast variety of music available in English, ranging from Salsa to Latin to current.
- Remember Cusco is a metropolitan city despite its size. So, behave the same as you would in any other major city around the world.
- Do not flash money and valuables. Store them in a safe at your accommodation. We recommend you take enough money for the night and no more.
- At the end of a very late night, don’t walk home alone, rather take a marked taxi.
- Do not take drinks from strangers or leave your open drink unattended. If you have left your drink unattended, dispose of it and buy a new one.
- If partaking in Ayahuasca ceremonies. Research the shaman that will be performing your ceremony. It’s in your best interest to not take any shortcuts here.
- We suggest you bring a friend when possible, and at least one of you won´t be in a state of altered consciousness.
- Taxis and public transportation are problematic in many large cities that attract a huge number of tourists, and people can become victims of robbers. The majority of taxis in Cusco are safe, although it is always best to hire cabs from certified firms.
- Bring a copy of your passport with you. It is best to leave your passport or ID in your hotel room. However, for obvious reasons, you must carry identification. That is why you should create a copy of it so you don’t lose it.
Comments... a comment.
Saul Alvarez says:
All the information is free and precise. I don't get paid for publishing any agency or tour, and everything has been verified and experienced.01
Everything in this blog has been doublé checked by a local, we made the effort on gathering all this information for you, to make your trip easier and cheaper.02
99% of the information has been lived by a traveler like you, me, I wanted to compile all the information I had to make every traveler life easier.03
Best and only the best
We gathered the best information for you. All this has been investigated and visited only to bring you the best CSelf-made blog. All the information is free and precise. I don't get paid for publishing any agency or tour, and everything has been verified and experienced.04