Nightlife in Cusco
Since Cusco is such a big tourist attraction and most of these tourists are young adults, you can guess that the nightlife in this city is wild.
Cusco can have the craziest parties, try hostels like Wild Rover or Loki´s Cusco. As soon as you walk in you will be greeted by people dancing on top of the bar, screaming and drinking shots among other wild and crazy things. However, the party in most backpackers ends at around 2:00am.. So, if are you not done partying, why not head over to one of the most famous nightclubs in Cusco, Chango. This club gets really hot and I mean really hot! Becuase it´s underground and it´s always packed to the brim. The party doesn´t stop until the sun comes up.
On the other hand, Cusco also has a good selection of hostels for those not into the party scene. Keep in mind hostels are the best places to meet fellow backpackers, share travel stories and plan your next move. Some of the best hostels around include Pariwana, Kokopelli Hostel Cusco or Hospedaje Turisto Recoleta, and many more.
Top Clubs and Bars
La Chupiteria offers an awesome selection of cheap and unique shots, generous staff with positive attitudes and you are guaranteed to have fun! They open every day from 6PM to 3AM.
Regrettably, Mushrooms is the only electronic club in Cusco. The electronic scene in Cusco is not big at all. For this reason, weekdays are pretty mellow and chilled, with a scattering of patrons. However, on select weekends they do bring in international DJs to perform and the club comes alive and the atmosphere is electrifying.
If you want to be part of the craziest parties in Cusco we recommend going to this place. Because this hostel recieves travelers daily, there is always some kind of party happening. Similar to other clubs and bars , Thursday to Saturday are the best and busiest days. Unfortunately, hostel bars usually close at around 2 AM. As a result, the majority of people move on to the aforementioned night clubs like Chango or Mushrooms. .
This bar has an eclectic mix of locals and travelers. Firstly, enjoy the free salsa, merengue or bachata lessons on a Monday. Secondly, they have a variety of live bands or DJ´s on offer on selected days. Most importantly, people always have a whale of a time.
- Remember Cusco is a metropolitan city despite its size. So, behave the same you would in any other major city around the world.
- Do not flash money and valuables. Store them in a safe at your accommodation. We recommend you take enough money for the night and no more.
- At the end of a very late night, don’t walk home alone, rather take a marked taxi.
- Do not take drinks from strangers or leave your open drink unattended. If you have left your drink unattended, dispose of it and buy a new one.
- If partaking in Ayahuasca ceremonies. Research the shaman that will be performing your ceremony. It’s in your best interest to not take any shortcuts here.
- We suggest you bring a friend when possible, and at least one of you won´t be in a state of altered consciousness.